With the highlight of February being Valentines Day...partly as you know you are half-way through the month, facing Spring, the nights are lighter...BUT as its a reason to eat chocolate and more of!!
This pudding is such a hit with the young cooks as you can personalise it when you decorate it...with sprinkles/edible gold spray/heart marshmallows or gratings of white chocolate! This is a picture of what one of our 6-12 cooks made in the February half-term holiday
150g mini marshmallows
50g soft unsalted butter
200g good quality cooking chocolate
60ml hot water from recently boiled kettle
284ml tub double cream (extra thick so no need to mix)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Put the marshmallows, butter, chocolate and water in a heavy based saucepan
2. Gently heat to melt all the contents and remove - slightly cool
3. Whip the cream with the vanilla extract until thick and fold into the chocolate mixture until you have a smooth mixture
4. Pour into ramekins or a large bowl and chill - only needs about 2 hours
5. Serve with raspberries, mint leaves, edible gold spray, with sprinkles on top....
This is excellent for a dinner party - make into a large mouse or smaller ones in ramekins - its quick and delicious to make
It also has no raw egg in it! Which makes it perfect for young cooks to make and eat!